Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Jo...@filternet.nl on 2014/08/26 10:21:15 UTC

struggle with demo fixtures

Hi,

Can somebody help me understanding fixtures?

I struggle with fixtures in Socrates app [1]

I have Person class that extends abstract Party class like in Estatio [2]

I have tried many options but keep on getting:

	10:09:05,505  [FixturesInstallerFromConfiguration main       INFO ]    adding fixture nl.socrates.fixture.SocratesDemoFixture

	10:09:05,509  [FixturesInstallerDelegate main       INFO ]  installing fixture: nl.socrates.fixture.SocratesDemoFixture@49833c9c

	10:09:05,510  [FixturesInstallerDelegate main       ERROR]  installing fixture nl.socrates.fixture.SocratesDemoFixture failed; aborting

	java.lang.NullPointerException

	[1] https://github.com/johandoornenbal/socrates/blob/master/fixture/src/main/java/nl/socrates/fixture/SocratesDemoFixture.java

	[2] https://github.com/estatio/estatio

Re: struggle with demo fixtures

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
My guess is that it's a bug.

*Probably* the null pointer exception is in TearDownFixture, which (I'm
guessing) has not had isisJdoSupport injected into it.

If you run this fixture from an instance of FixtureScripts service (ie in
the app), I suspect it will work.  That's because the FixtureScripts
infrastructure automatically injects instances into any subfixtures (eg
TearDownFixture).  But possibly this isn't happening correctly if (as you
are doing) the fixture is registered in isis.properties using the
isis.fixtures key.

I'll look into a bit more this evening.

Cheers
Dan