Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Marcus Crafter <cr...@managesoft.com> on 2003/07/08 14:54:33 UTC

checkImport() (was Re: [patch] fortress meta & custom handlers)

BTW, just noticed that the Component code in fortress tools resolves
package names from service type interface names by checking the imports that
particular source file has.

This works well except for the case when one derives a new component
implementation from an existing one (thus no longer needing the import
in the new source file as the base implementation already has it).

In this situation, it seems that the current code can't determine the
package and uses just the interface name when writing the services.list entry
for that component.

Is it possible to resolve the service type package name against the
interfaces implemented ? or is there perhaps another better solution ?

Cheers,

Marcus

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 02:36:36PM +0200, Marcus Crafter wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 08:24:30AM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> >
> > I see no problems.  Go ahead and commit it.
>
> Thanks, done. :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marcus

>      ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
>     ;$'      '$$$$:    Computer Systems Engineer
>     $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
>      $       o_)$$$:   82-84 Mainzer Landstrasse
>      ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
>        '     /( &&&
>            \_&&&&'
>           &&&&.
>     &&&&&&&:

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: