Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/29 18:39:29 UTC

Re: I can not start activemq on Red hat Linux 64 bits computer, looks like can not found log4j......

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 9:44 AM, zfbrad<br...@zerofootprint.net> wrote:

> Did you figure out what was going on here?  I'm running OSX and I have the
> same exception. Seems to not be able to find log4j even though it's in the
> activemq directory.

I develop and run ActiveMQ on MacOS X all the time without this issue.
How exactly are you running ActiveMQ? Is it possible that you have
older versions of Log4J or Commons Logging on the classpath that are
being picked up instead?

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder

Re: I can not start activemq on Red hat Linux 64 bits computer, looks like can not found log4j......

Posted by zfbrad <br...@zerofootprint.net>.
Ok so this is pretty interesting.  IT was definitely conflicting with
something else.  I have a feeling it's the log4j jar that's in my eclipse
plugins directory.  Anyway, when I delete log4j from the activemq
lib/optional directory, it works.