Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt E <mg...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/20 20:26:01 UTC

Newbie: Passing information from an Action to a JSP

Hello All,

Here's what I want to do.  I have an action called
LookupRequest.  It has some code that gets data out of
a Database, builds a Data Transfer Objects from it,
and then will forward to another jsp using
ActionMapping.

However, in that JSP I need to access the data
transfer object that I just built in the action.  I'm
unsure how to keep this object around for the rest of
the request, so I can access it in the JSP that is
forwarded to.

I'm sure I'm missing something trivial, but I don't
know how I should do this.

Thanks!

Re: Newbie: Passing information from an Action to a JSP

Posted by Sandeep Takhar <sa...@yahoo.com>.
In your action's execure

request.setAttribute(Constants.MY_FORM_NAME, dto);

sandeep