Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Manish Moorjani <Ma...@infosys.com> on 2004/08/24 06:47:09 UTC

Re: Status Bar keeps on going

Hi,

I was talking abt the explorer status bar.
I will make it more clear

If I request a new url in an IE Explorer, the status bar keeps on moving(increasing) meaning that the page is being fetched after the entire response
is received the status bar stops meaning that the fetch is complete.

When I use the HttpClient even after the page is fetched and displayed on the browser, I still see the status bar(of browser) movng for about 20 seconds.
I tried putting some debug statements to check whether still some thing was fetched but I couldnt find anything.
Also if this is not clear I will post the wire logs

Regards,
Manish Moorjani
"If you are still amazed by something you accomplished yesterday then today has been a waste"

From: Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Status bar keeps on going
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 23:06:49 -0400

Hi Manish,

It's pretty hard to say from the information provided.  HttpClient does
not come with a status bar so it depends on how you've implemented it.
If you post some sample code showing the problem and a wire log
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html> we should
be able to help out.

Mike

Re: Status Bar keeps on going

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Yes, I'm also a little confused about what you mean here Manish.

Mike

Re: Status Bar keeps on going

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.