Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Per Osbeck <pe...@lbi.com> on 2011/09/15 14:04:47 UTC

Replication and ExternalFileField

Hi all,

I'm trying to find some good information regarding replication, especially for the ExternalFileField.

As I understand it;
 - the external files must be in data dir.
 - replication only replicates data/indexes and possibly confFiles from the conf dir.

Does anyone have suggestions or ideas on how this should would work?

Best regards,
Per Osbeck

RE: Replication and ExternalFileField

Posted by "Jaeger, Jay - DOT" <Ja...@dot.wi.gov>.
Actually, Windoze also has symbolic links.  You have to manipulate them from the command line, but they do exist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_symbolic_link

Probably would have worked on *nix but unfortunately running Windows.

Best regards,
Per

--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex