Posted to dev@community.apache.org by jan i <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/08/04 11:22:43 UTC

Re: Tutorial schedule

Reroutinng the mail to the proper list.

On 4 August 2014 10:32, Peter Kelly <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> I was just looking at the tutorial schedule for apachecon, and noticed
> that mine (titled "Addressing file format compatibility in word
> processors") is not listed there. The other two talks Louis and I are
> giving are listed. Do you know when the tutorial is scheduled for?

As far as I can see, the tutorial is not scheduled. but there are still
plenty of room. .You are aware that tutorials is something visitors have to
pay extra for, and when you make a tutorial,  you promise to sell at least
5 tickets.

> Also, would it be possible for Louis and I to be listed as co-presenters
> on all three? We'll both be there and have a role in each, though the exact
> makeup of these talks in terms of who is covering what is something we've
> yet to decide on. I'll be the primary presenter of the tutorial, and
> probably Louis on the other two.

That is an easy change which you can do yourself, following the schedule
link you got from LF.

rgds
jan I.

Re: Tutorial schedule

Posted by Melissa Warnkin <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I have forwarded this thread to Rich and LF, as they are in charge of the schedule and tutorials.

~M

________________________________
>>I was just looking at the tutorial schedule for apachecon, and noticed that mine (titled "Addressing file format compatibility in word processors") is not listed there. The other two talks Louis and I are giving are listed. Do you know when the tutorial is scheduled for?
>

>As far as I can see, the tutorial is not scheduled. but there are still plenty of room. .You are aware that tutorials is something visitors have to pay extra for, and when you make a tutorial,  you promise to sell at least 5 tickets.

I am now :)

What is needed in order for it to be scheduled? Is there something I need to do myself, or is that a committee thing? I didn't see anything on the LF website that let me request a scheduling time.

Once this is fixed and listed on the website I'll mention it on oo-dev and elsewhere.

>>Also, would it be possible for Louis and I to be listed as co-presenters on all three? We'll both be there and have a role in each, though the exact makeup of these talks in terms of who is covering what is something we've yet to decide on. I'll be the primary presenter of the tutorial, and probably Louis on the other two.
>That is an easy change which you can do yourself, following the schedule link you got from LF.

I think I must have missed this mail or didn't receive such a link.

--
Dr. Peter M. Kelly
Founder, UX Productivity

http://www.kellypmk.net/

PGP key: http://www.kellypmk.net/pgp-key
(fingerprint 5435 6718 59F0 DD1F BFA0 5E46 2523 BAA1 44AE 2966)

Re: Tutorial schedule

Posted by Peter Kelly <ke...@gmail.com>.