Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com> on 2016/02/08 17:27:23 UTC

LocalizationSupport (WICKET-5847)

Hi all,

the last days I worked on a way to add a new mechanism for localizations
without overriding the Localizer. I ended up with the implementation you
can see in the PR:

https://github.com/apache/wicket/pull/158

This PR provides a way to add LocalizationSupport in a chain. The chain
receives the result of the previous LocalizationSupport. So you can easily
create a chain like:

DefaultLocalizationSupport > DatabaseLocalizationSupport >
NestedKeyLocalizationSupport

To add more LocalizationSupport to the chain use the following code:

Application.get().getResourceSettings().getLocalizer().addLocalizationSupport(new
MySpecialLocalizationSupport());

I implemented it into the master branch because it breaks the API and
renames some methods in the Localizer.

This PR targets the ticket: WICKET-5847

WDYT?

kind regards