Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Bhavesh Shah <bh...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/28 14:03:41 UTC

Stored Procedure in Hive

Hello,
I have configured Hive and I am trying to use it.
But I want to ask that Can we have stored procedure in Hive?

Pls suggest me some links related to Hive so that I can learn more about it.

Bhavesh Shah

Re: Stored Procedure in Hive

Posted by Aniket Mokashi <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Stored procedures usually have variety of applications. What exactly are
you trying to achieve?

Usually, people wrap their procedural logic in other programming languages
(python, shell).

You can also take a look at Hcatalog if you want MR-tools interop.

~Aniket

--
"...:::Aniket:::... Quetzalco@tl"

Re: Stored Procedure in Hive

Posted by Bhavesh Shah <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
So what can we use in Hive instead of Stored Procedure? Is there any way?

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Carl Steinbach <ca...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Hi Bhavesh,
>
> Hive does not support stored procedures.
>
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 5:03 AM, Bhavesh Shah <bh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I have configured Hive and I am trying to use it.
>> But I want to ask that Can we have stored procedure in Hive?
>>
>> Pls suggest me some links related to Hive so that I can learn more about
>> it.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bhavesh Shah