Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2005/02/14 08:22:53 UTC

[bye bye] Mentoring finished

First of all a big thank you to all the ones involved in the Incubation
of this project, especially to the developers that have made all this
possible.

A special thanks to Alex, who has been the real Mentor (TM), just as it
is really intended to be.

I have learned a lot, and I hope that I have also given something. The
fact that the project has graduated at least shows that I have not done
too much harm ;-)

In any case, it's time for me to depart as a mentor, eager to come back
soon as a user.

Happy Hacking! :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [bye bye] Mentoring finished

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> First of all a big thank you to all the ones involved in the
> Incubation of this project, especially to the developers that have
> made all this possible.
>
> A special thanks to Alex, who has been the real Mentor (TM), just as
> it is really intended to be.

No thanks you.  I don't think very many people know that you are the one
that approached me with the idea of bringing LDAPd to the Apache
Incubator.  In the very begining you had the idea.  Perhaps if you said
nothing we would not be here today.

> I have learned a lot, and I hope that I have also given something. The
> fact that the project has graduated at least shows that I have not
> done too much harm ;-)

None at all - I think you're a great example of a Mentor.   Like Noel
you have not interfered with the progress of the community but have
provided hints as to how it can grow and progress.  A good mentor is a
catalyst this way.

Thanks,
Alex