Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2006/02/06 16:26:02 UTC

[SVN] Possible solution for grants, icla, cla notifications

Hi all,

Many have been complaining that they cannot poll or get notifications
regarding updates to the grants and [i]cla files we keep in the private
members only accessible repository.  I understand that this information
is there to write protect it more than to read protect it (regarding
grants and clas' only).  If we could create a special list like
contributors-notify@a.o and add an SVN hook to email this list when
these three files are updated then we can free up member from having to
poll the repo for additions when Jim gets to them.

Does this sound like a reasonable solution?

Alex

Re: [SVN] Possible solution for grants, icla, cla notifications

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On 2/6/2006 7:26 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Many have been complaining that they cannot poll or get notifications
> regarding updates to the grants and [i]cla files we keep in the
> private members only accessible repository.  I understand that this
> information is there to write protect it more than to read protect it
> (regarding grants and clas' only).  If we could create a special list
> like contributors-notify@a.o and add an SVN hook to email this list
> when these three files are updated then we can free up member from
> having to poll the repo for additions when Jim gets to them.
>
> Does this sound like a reasonable solution?
>
> Alex

That presupposes that the person who is interested has subscribed to
that list.  Could we not have the files placed up on the incubator site,
using SVN hook?

Regards,
Alan

Re: [SVN] Possible solution for grants, icla, cla notifications

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Not unless it's something that we (the ASF board) decide should be
> public information.

Aye, of course.  This is just a recommendation let the board decide as
they see fit.  ..

BTW sorry about not responding to the thread it was partially my fault
in the first place :).

Alex

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Ahh, ok, here is where my disconnect is.  Software Grants and Trademark
Assignment documentation is not public information.  This strikes me as
odd but I'm sure that this was given considerable thought.

Regards,
Alan

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.