Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org> on 2018/03/08 17:56:32 UTC

Re: Indexing nested json

On 3/8/2018 10:17 AM, kasinger, james wrote:
> Has anyone had success indexing nested json into solr? I know that solr prefers a flattened representation of the data, but I’m exploring potential solutions or workarounds for achieving this. Thanks in advance.
>
> For instance I’m indexing this “document” and expect it to be presented in solr in the same way.
>
> {
>         "rolledupcolors": [
>          {
>             "Name": "BURGUNDY",
>             "ManiImageUrl":"1/_102069221.jpg",
>             "AltImageUrl":"3/_102067603.jpg",
>             "RGB":"",
>             "ColorFamily":"Red,Purple",
>             "SwatchImageUrl":"2/_102067602.jpg"
>           },
>           {
>               "Name": "CHARCOAL",
>           }
>       ]
> }

I don't see anything particularly nested about that document.  Maybe
there's something really obvious about it that I'm somehow not seeing.
If that's the case, that would be my fault.

What is Solr doing that doesn't meet with your expectations, and what do
you expect it to do?

(This question is still pretty general, but if it starts to get
specific, then specific information like Solr version and other details
may be needed)

Thanks,
Shawn