Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jake Goulding <go...@vivisimo.com> on 2007/06/29 23:50:44 UTC

[axis2] NTLMv2 support / Oakland Software

Hey all:

After a marathon session of debugging issues connecting to an IIS server
running Sharepoint, we think we have narrowed down the problem to
NTLMv2. The IIS configuration is set to only allow NTLMv2, and the
Commons HTTPClient simply does not support NTLMv2 [1]. Has anyone else
run into this problem? Are there any known workarounds or plans for
HTTPClient to support NTLMv2 in the future?

A cursory clusty.com search found the website of Oakland Software [2]
which claims to support both NTLMv2 and Axis2, but at a minimum cost of
$2000 per seat. Has anyone had an opportunity to use this software and
would be willing to give feedback?

Thanks in advance for the usual good advice!

-Jake

[1]
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/authentication.html#Known_limitations_and_problems
[2] http://oaklandsoftware.com/product_http/axis.html

Re: [axis2] NTLMv2 support / Oakland Software

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-579