Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Raman <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2013/02/19 09:34:09 UTC

load-balancing-with-apache-karaf-cellar-and-mod_proxy_balancer

Hi JB,
        I was reading your blog on load balancing Apache-Karaf-cellar with HTTPD. It is very good, thank you for sharing such useful information.

To try thing out, is there any cellar level configuration we need to do in Karaf?

Suppose request is dispatched to one of the Karaf instance, what happens if node fails while request is being served?

Regards
Raman

Re: load-balancing-with-apache-karaf-cellar-and-mod_proxy_balancer

Posted by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com>.
Configured on Mac host instead of Ubuntu and now it's working...

Re: load-balancing-with-apache-karaf-cellar-and-mod_proxy_balancer

Posted by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com>.
root@ubuntu:/etc/apache2# service apache2 stop
 * Stopping web server apache2
*
 * The apache2 configtest failed, so we are trying to kill it manually. This
is almost certainly suboptimal, so please make sure your system is working
as you'd expect now!
root@ubuntu:/etc/apache2# service apache2 start
 * Starting web server apache2
*
 * The apache2 configtest failed.
Output of config test was:
AH00526: Syntax error on line 223 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf:
Invalid command '<Proxy', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration
Action 'configtest' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.

Re: load-balancing-with-apache-karaf-cellar-and-mod_proxy_balancer

Posted by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com>.
I have a Mac host with 3 VM's: one Win7 for Karaf node, another Win7 for
Karaf node and one Ubuntu for httpd.

following directions here:
http://blog.nanthrax.net/2013/02/load-balancing-with-apache-karaf-cellar-and-mod_proxy_balancer/
<http://blog.nanthrax.net/2013/02/load-balancing-with-apache-karaf-cellar-and-mod_proxy_balancer/>

I have added the following config to /etc/apache2/apache2.conf in Ubuntu
13.10 distro.  Note that there is no /etc/httpd dir.  Following URL is
working on Ubuntu: http://localhost (I see the "It works!", etc.)

I edited the apache2.conf file and stopped/started apache2 service:

service apache2 stop
service apache2 start

Contents of config change in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf:

<Proxy balancer://mycluster>
  BalancerMember http://192.168.2.111:8181
  BalancerMember http://192.168.2.110:8181
</Proxy>
ProxyPass /ws balancer://mycluster

<Location /balancer-manager>
  SetHandler balancer-manager
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Location>

I added this config at the very bottom of the file w/o editing anything
else.

I started karaf on both nodes of the cluster.  I am able to navigate to
http://localhost:8181/ws on both nodes.

When I navigate to http://localhost/balancer-manager I get:

The requested URL /balancer-manager was not found on this server.

Plz advise how to fix.  thx.