Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Ethan Cerami <ec...@yahoo.com> on 2001/05/17 17:25:45 UTC

Maintaining Session: Cookies?

I was hoping to follow up on the past few questions regarding maintaining session state.  I have two specific questions:
1.  Assuming I set the scope of my soap service to "session."  I know that this will create one new object for each client session.  Nonetheless, how are individual sessions identified?  I am using Tomcat, and in the respone, I do see several cookies set.  For example:
Set-Cookie2: JSESSIONID=he2j9grz71;Version=1;Discard;Path="/soap"

Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=he2j9grz71;Path=/soap

Am I correct in assuming that the SOAP server uses the cookies to identify individual sessions.  And, if so, how do I set the cookie in the Call object so that I can actually maintain state?  Even if I reuse the same Call object, the server still thinks these are three different sessions.

2.  How long will the SOAP server maintain session objects?  Is there a limit to the number of concurrent sessions?

Thanks in advance,

Ethan

Yahoo! Auctions $2 Million Sweepstakes  -  Got something to sell?