Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Thomas Cameron <th...@camerontech.com> on 2005/06/03 00:10:37 UTC

[REALLY SOLVED THIS TIME] Re: At wit's end - SA is *still* tagging list traffic!

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 16:32 -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> All -
>
> I have added these to my local.cf:
>
> whitelist_from_rcvd *@apache.org
>
> But I am still seeing list traffic with spam samples being tagged.  Can
> someone please tell me what on Earth I need to do to tell SA to ignore
> anything on this list?  Procmail rules are not an option - I use SA on a
> relay server which uses a milter.
>
> Thanks
> Thomas

My last was a typo - the line in local.cf is

whitelist_from_rcvd *@spamassassin.apache.org apache.org

That causes SA to score messages with -100.

Thanks all!
Thomas

Re: [REALLY SOLVED THIS TIME] Re: At wit's end - SA is *still* tagginglist traffic!

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@pointshare.com>.
> On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 16:32 -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:
>> All -
>>
>> I have added these to my local.cf:
>>
>> whitelist_from_rcvd *@apache.org
>>
>> But I am still seeing list traffic with spam samples being tagged.  Can
>> someone please tell me what on Earth I need to do to tell SA to ignore
>> anything on this list?  Procmail rules are not an option - I use SA on a
>> relay server which uses a milter.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Thomas
>
> My last was a typo - the line in local.cf is
>
> whitelist_from_rcvd *@spamassassin.apache.org apache.org
>
> That causes SA to score messages with -100.

One other thing you might want to consider doing, if you are also using
bayes with autolearn, is add the following entry to your local.cf, so as not
to possibly autolearn spammy text included in SA list messages as ham:

bayes_ignore_to users@spamassassin.apache.org

Bill