Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Steven Simpson <st...@apollogrp.edu> on 2005/07/13 18:12:08 UTC

Session Timeout Issue With Modules

Hi everyone,

I just started implementing modules into a Struts app that has existed for a
while without them.  Now, I have some functionality within a module.  The
problem is that the session timeout now doesn't appear to work when the user
is within the module.  I have these settings in my web.xml:

<init-param>
   <param-name>config</param-name>
  </init-param>
  <init-param>
            <param-name>config/moduleB</param-name>
            <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config-moduleB.xml</param-value>
  </init-param>
<session-config>
        <session-timeout>1</session-timeout>
    </session-config>

When I access functionality within the default module, the session times out
after one minute like usual.  The same is not happening within moduleB.  I
also tried putting session.setMaxInactiveInterval(60); in the code with the
same result.  I've searched google, java.sun's forum, and these archives and
haven't found any similar issues.  Does anyone know what might be going on?

Thank you,
Steve