Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org> on 2020/06/12 08:23:38 UTC

[ElasticJob] Discuss new features of ElasticJob 3.0

Hi all,

We are beginning to develop ElasticJob, and want to add some new features
in version 3.0.

I want discuss the feature of it.

Some ideas for new features:

- Support one time trigger for ElasticJob lite
- Support job dependency based one sharding item
- Use native ZooKeeper API instead of curator

Some ideas for new architecture:

- Refactor Job API, just keep SimpleJob, make other job types introduce via
SPI
- Redesign Job domain, make job as top level interface, which composite by
task (sharding item)
- Refactor event trace module
    - Split event trace and elasticjob-core module
    - Open SPI for event trace data storage
    - Support prometheus storage

------------------

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

Re: [ElasticJob] Discuss new features of ElasticJob 3.0

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
This is a new feature about alarm. We need more discuss about this.

------------------

李好 <da...@gmail.com> 于2020年6月15日周一 下午1:39写道:

Posted by guo jiwei <te...@apache.org>.
Hi,
    Looking forward to the new features.
    BTW, If we can remove quartz and support our own schedule engine
someday, it will be a great feature.

Regards
Jiwei Guo (Tboy)

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
zhangliang@apache.org <zh...@apache.org>于2020年6月15日 周一17:58写道:

> How about spilt them?
> For event trace data (about job execute timestamp and result), persist into
> MySQL or other databases, for metrics, persist into Prometheus.

I think separating them will make you can't use Grafana. I think alarm,
monitor and observability should be an important and separated topic.

Sheng

--
Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking
Apache Incubator
Apache ShardingSphere, ECharts, DolphinScheduler podlings
Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

Re: [ElasticJob] Discuss new features of ElasticJob 3.0

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
How about spilt them?

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.