Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Spadez <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2012/04/08 05:51:11 UTC

Python and solr - Should I give up on this?

Hi.

Python is becoming an extremely popular language for web programming but the
official python-solr interface isn't included since 1.3 and a lot of the
ones on the web seem good but not production worthy yet, like mysolr.

Can solr be used with python in a production environment or will I be forced
to use something like PHP? That would be a shame.

James

Re: Python and solr - Should I give up on this?

Posted by Marcelo Carvalho Fernandes <mc...@gmail.com>.
Don't forget you can alway access Solr using HTTP calls. You don't need any
specific Solr client.
That of course will depend on the level of integration you want because in
some cases you'll need to make the calls for your own.

----
Marcelo Carvalho Fernandes
+55 21 8272-7970
+55 21 2205-2786