Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Laurent Pellegrino <la...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/19 18:38:57 UTC

Unexpected behavior with TriG Reader

Hi all,

I am using the TriG reader from RiotReader to parse two TriG payloads.
It works but I got a strange result. Suppose that I have two TriG
payloads:

Payload A:

    <http://example.org/> {
        <http://example.org/> <http://example.org/>
<http://example.org/test#value>
    }

Payload B:

    @prefix p: <http://example.org/> .

    <http://example.org/> {
        <http://example.org/>  <http://example.org/> p:test#value
    }

I parse these two payloads thanks to RiotReader:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=YLtFFu0B

In output, I got for payload A:
[http://example.org/ http://example.org/ http://example.org/
http://example.org/test#value]

for payload B:
[http://example.org/ http://example.org/ http://example.org/
http://example.org/test]

As you can see, with payload B the "#value" has been removed. This
removal occurs when the #value suffix is part of a non expanded value.
Maybe I miss something but it seems that it is not a consistent
parsing (i.e. the content in input is the same but in output we don't
get the same thing). Is it a correct behaviour or a bug?

Kind Regards,

Laurent

Re: Unexpected behavior with TriG Reader

Posted by Damian Steer <d....@bristol.ac.uk>.
On 19 Apr 2012, at 17:38, Laurent Pellegrino wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi Laurent,

> Payload B:
>
>    @prefix p: <http://example.org/> .
>
>    <http://example.org/> {
>        <http://example.org/>  <http://example.org/> p:test#value
>    }

Danger Will Robinson! I think that will be parsed as:

<http://example.org/>  <http://example.org/> p:test

Followed by a comment:

#value

But will check syntax.