Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2013/05/01 12:25:28 UTC

RE: mismatch between pdf and png

XSL:FO acts like a template library similar to FreeMarker or Velocity substiuting in values for  attributes to FOP elements and then generating the PDF based on the parameters you supplied

so  blaming FOP for incorrect params  you supply in all probability wont solve this particular problem

if PDF is  generated from SVG then i would suggest concentrate on the SVG to PDF generation

if after dissecting SVG to PDF generator you are  still calling No Joy for generating your PDF  then you can write your own converter

Martin Gainty
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung

From: dsrogers@hp.com
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: mismatch between pdf and png
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 19:12:57 +0000

I’ve done more research on this, (though I haven’t gotten a solid response from the list yet).  I’ve managed to upgrade to FOP 1.1 in order to nail down if it was a bug in the embedded version of FOP.

Here is what I mean.  The PDF and PNG were both generated from the SVG.  They don’t match.  The PNG matches what I see in Chrome.  The PDF does not.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B73ieqBa7GmsRlY0UjAzLWNqODA/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B73ieqBa7GmscmFxMnpSQ2p3Z3c/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B73ieqBa7GmsM3JlZC0wRTlCbHM/edit?usp=sharing

Is this a bug?  If it’s a bug, I’m happy to file…
--
Daniel

Posted by DeWeese Thomas <th...@gmail.com>.
It does look like a bug somewhere in the PDFGraphics2D implementation.  It's a little hard to guess what it is since a simple cubic bezier curve shouldn't pose much of an issue to it.  Looking at the code it simply copies the control points to the PDF output.  It looks a bit like someone replaced a cubic with a quadradic (which they might think they could do because the two control points are the same, but of course you can't).

Thomas