Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus <Sh...@lotus.com> on 2000/02/04 23:10:04 UTC

Moving the xml-xalan/src directory underneath ./java; CVS help moving dirs anyone?

As Don has been changing the xml-xalan/xdocs directory, so too would we
like to move the xml-xalan/src dir to be xml-xalan/java/src.  This will
more closely match the xml-xerces structure.

Hence, directories will move like so:

    xml-xalan/src  -> xml-xalan/java/src

    xml-xalan/samples  -> xml-xalan/java/samples

Makefiles & etc. will move from the root to the java directory.  Also, we'd
like to move a few of the doc-related files, like BUGS, STATUS, DONE and
CREDITS into some xdocs directory.

*** Also: Are there any CVS experts who'd like to lend me a hand?  My goal
is to preserve all the existing files' change logs after the move, which
seems like it's going to be a little tricky.

Obviously, I'll send out another email sometime next week when we actually
make the change so people can make the appropriate updates.
- Shane         Automation, Test, & Build guy
mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com    AIM:xsltest
  http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/LotusXSL
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan