Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Aled Sage <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/12 17:45:31 UTC

[DISCUSS][VOTE] Release Apache Brooklyn 0.7.0-M2-incubating [rc1]

(Is this right to have a separate [DISCUSS] thread (I'm copying what was
done in jclouds).

The differences from rc0 are:

  * GPL and LGPL references removed from NOTICE, having confirmed with
    reviewed the relevant config files and discussed with JBoss.
  * General tidy of NOTICE file.
  * General tidy of comments in pom.xml about RAT exclusions.

---
I've just spotted, should our LICENSE file contain a copy of each of the
licenses mentioned in the NOTICE file?
(it doesn't include all of them).
It does say:

    OTHER LICENSES

    This software incorporates minor components developed elsewhere, as
    described in
    the accompanying NOTICE file. In addition to the Apache License 2.0
    (above),
    the other licenses referenced there under which those components are
    used are:

and then gives the MIT and New BSD licenses.

---

Feedback much appreciated!

====

**

*Checklist (all items optional, mark only those personally verified):*

*

[*Y*] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.

[*Y*] Expanded source archive matches contents of RC tag.

[*Y*] Expanded source archive builds and passes tests.

[**] LICENSE is present and correct.

[ ] NOTICE is present and correct, including copyright date.

[ ] All files have license headers where appropriate.

[ ] All dependencies have compatible licenses.

[ ] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

[*Y*] I follow this project's commits list.

*

Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE] Release Apache Brooklyn 0.7.0-M2-incubating [rc1]

Posted by Aled Sage <al...@gmail.com>.
Agreed we'll need to cancel the vote, but would really appreciate if folk can take a look at what else will need fixed, rather than us fixing just one thing at a time per RC.

Any more feedback greatly appreciated.

Aled

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Alex Heneveld <al...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.