Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com> on 2003/11/16 22:52:03 UTC

Eclipse 3.0

I don't see what all you people do in M4. For me its dirt slow. I'm just
navigating through the Spindle source code and there is a noticeable delay -
the cursor lags as I use the arrow keys to move around.

And syntax completion in Java editor can take a second or more to show the
proposals. One last gripe, the help system has been indexing itself for the
last 2 minutes.

Geoff

Geoffrey Longman
Intelligent Works Inc.

Re: Eclipse 3.0

Posted by Colin Sampaleanu <co...@exis.com>.
Make sure in your install of the 3.0 series you just unzip the big zip
file with the whole SDK, but _do not_ unzip the examples on top.  I
always did this with the 2.x series (figuring it wouldn't hurt, and
maybe I'd play around with them). I don't know if it's still an issue in
M4, but in 3.0 stream versions up to M3, having the examples there
totally froze Eclipse for random periods of time, and slowed it down in
general; there was/is a problem with one of the examples, I think the
JSP one.

Re: Eclipse 3.0

Re: Eclipse 3.0

Posted by Colin Sampaleanu <co...@exis.com>.

Re: Eclipse 3.0

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.
> Are you using the Linix GTK version?  I too noticed that the java editor
> seems much slower.  The windows version, however, seems faster in v3.0.

Nope Win2k, I just rebooted but the performance is still really slow

Geoff

Re: Eclipse 3.0

Posted by Andreas Bohnert <ab...@online.de>.
thanks, I found it!
I was looking for something like 'start in another vm'.

andreas

Re: Eclipse 3.0

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.

Re: Eclipse 3.0

Posted by Andreas Bohnert <ab...@online.de>.

Re: Eclipse 3.0

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.
My initial reason for switching is v3.0 was the new option to run ant in
it's own JVM (instead of the same one as Eclipse itself).  There are
known memory leaks in Eclipse ant integration. Run task after task and
Eclipse will eventually run out of memory. v3.0 doesn't fix this issue -
but since the seperate JVM is destroyed after every run, the leaks
become harmless.

Are you using the Linix GTK version?  I too noticed that the java editor
seems much slower.  The windows version, however, seems faster in v3.0.

Paul Ferraro