Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/09 11:06:49 UTC

Moving forward on 3.5.0

OK, I have updated the versions in JIRA.

Issues which have been agreed in the Big Scrub thread as being accepted for
3.5.0 are all now marked with FixVersion = 3.5.0

Issues which have been proposed for 3.5.0 but have not yet been agreed for
3.5.0 are now all marked with FixVersion = 3.5.0-candidate

Please do not mark any issue with a FixVersion of 3.5.0 until we have had
agreement to put it in scope. It is ok to move things to 3.5.0-candidate

We need to start closing out the decisions on the 3.5.0-candidates.

Also as release manager for 3.5.0 I am requesting that all changes for
master must have a clean build on the full test suite before being merged
to master (I would appreciate a heads up too)

My expectation is that if you committed the changes towards 3.4.0, then you
are responsible for tidying up the commits and preparing a branch for
merging.

-Stephen

Re: Moving forward on 3.5.0

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Yes that is my current working theory. It fails and passes at random on I
think the Windows nodes

Sent from my phone

Re: Moving forward on 3.5.0

Posted by Guillaume Boué <gb...@apache.org>.
Yes, was following as well. Looks like the test
MavenITmng3599useHttpProxyForWebDAVTest
<https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-jenkinsfile/job/MNG-6117/1/testReport/junit/org.apache.maven.it/MavenITmng3599useHttpProxyForWebDAVTest/testitUseHttpProxyForWebDAV/>
didn't pass. Weird because it passed when I tested locally, both on
Window and Ubuntu (with Java 8)... Although it also failed on the
post-reset-master branch
https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-jenkinsfile/job/post-reset-master/6/#showFailuresLink
and also for the MNG-5629 and MNG-5958 branches, looks like a flaky test.

Guillaume

Le 11/01/2017 � 00:01, Stephen Connolly a �crit :
> https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-jenkinsfile/job/MNG-6117/ build in
> progress... let's see how it does
>
> On 10 January 2017 at 22:01, Guillaume Bou� <gb...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I created the branch for MNG-6117 with commit:
>> https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=comm
>> it;h=bd98ae6a3de8d443f5b3d2f895f2348c2912ae05
>>
>> I will merge the branch into master on Monday the 16th if there are no
>> objections.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Guillaume
>>

>> Le 09/01/2017 � 12:06, Stephen Connolly a �crit :
>>
>>> OK, I have updated the versions in JIRA.
>>>
>>> Issues which have been agreed in the Big Scrub thread as being accepted
>>> for
>>> 3.5.0 are all now marked with FixVersion = 3.5.0
>>>
>>> Issues which have been proposed for 3.5.0 but have not yet been agreed for
>>> 3.5.0 are now all marked with FixVersion = 3.5.0-candidate
>>>
>>> Please do not mark any issue with a FixVersion of 3.5.0 until we have had
>>> agreement to put it in scope. It is ok to move things to 3.5.0-candidate
>>>
>>> We need to start closing out the decisions on the 3.5.0-candidates.
>>>
>>> Also as release manager for 3.5.0 I am requesting that all changes for
>>> master must have a clean build on the full test suite before being merged
>>> to master (I would appreciate a heads up too)
>>>
>>> My expectation is that if you committed the changes towards 3.4.0, then
>>> you
>>> are responsible for tidying up the commits and preparing a branch for
>>> merging.
>>>
>>> -Stephen
>>>

>> ---
>> logiciel antivirus Avast.

---

Re: Moving forward on 3.5.0

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moving forward on 3.5.0

Posted by Guillaume Boué <gb...@apache.org>.
I created the branch for MNG-6117 with commit:
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=commit;h=bd98ae6a3de8d443f5b3d2f895f2348c2912ae05

I will merge the branch into master on Monday the 16th if there are no
objections.

Thanks,
Guillaume

Le 09/01/2017 � 12:06, Stephen Connolly a �crit :
> OK, I have updated the versions in JIRA.
>
> Issues which have been agreed in the Big Scrub thread as being accepted for
> 3.5.0 are all now marked with FixVersion = 3.5.0
>
> Issues which have been proposed for 3.5.0 but have not yet been agreed for
> 3.5.0 are now all marked with FixVersion = 3.5.0-candidate
>
> Please do not mark any issue with a FixVersion of 3.5.0 until we have had
> agreement to put it in scope. It is ok to move things to 3.5.0-candidate
>
> We need to start closing out the decisions on the 3.5.0-candidates.
>
> Also as release manager for 3.5.0 I am requesting that all changes for
> master must have a clean build on the full test suite before being merged
> to master (I would appreciate a heads up too)
>
> My expectation is that if you committed the changes towards 3.4.0, then you
> are responsible for tidying up the commits and preparing a branch for
> merging.
>
> -Stephen

---