Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "@Sanjiv Singh" <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/21 23:45:01 UTC

Hi ,

I have big compressed data file *my_table.dat.gz* ( approx size 100 GB)

# load staging table *STAGE_**my_table* from file *my_table.dat.gz*

HIVE>> LOAD DATA  INPATH '/var/lib/txt/*my_table.dat.gz*' OVERWRITE INTO
TABLE STAGE_my_table ;

*# insert into ORC table "my_table"*

HIVE>> INSERT INTO TABLE my_table SELECT * FROM TXT_my_table;
INFO  : Map 1: 0(+1)/1  Reducer 2: 0/1

Insertion into orc table in going on since 5-6 hours , Seems everything is
going sequential with one mapper reading complete file?

Please suggest ? help me in improving ORC table load.

Regards
Sanjiv Singh
Mob :  +091 9990-447-339

Re: loading in ORC from big compressed file

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Are you using map-reduce as execution engine?

what version of Hive are you on?

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Posted by "@Sanjiv Singh" <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Marcin, I worked ....I uncompressed file and then loaded file in
hive table.

Now its been quick, few mins.

Regards
Sanjiv Singh