Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Shi Jinghai <hu...@hotmail.com> on 2017/10/12 01:38:00 UTC

[Proposal] Add a Redis plugin to codebase (OFBIZ-9829)

Hi community,

There's a patch on Redis plugin in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9829.

Redis is key-value in-memory database widely used in Ecommerce and CRM.

Michael asked me to discuss whether it's necessary to include it in OFBiz codebase. If not, I'll revert it.

Thanks for your feedback,

Shi Jinghai

Re: [Proposal] Add a Redis plugin to codebase (OFBIZ-9829)

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hello Shi, thank you for your work on this initiative.

When reviewing the component, I found that it pretty much focused on
implementing three services and it doesn't seem to provide any deep
integration or added value. The services are just to set, get and
delete redis info which is a simple JSON object for initiating
settings. I can't see the added value of this setup so far.

I don't understand the purpose of this component, and I do not
understand why it was committed without getting consensus from the
community. This is actually also true of the pricat component which
was committed without consulting with the community.

My recommendation is to remove both components from the repository,
and discuss their merits with the community first, and if enough
people show interest and approval then we include the code.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Jinghai,