Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Joshua Partogi <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/24 05:13:11 UTC

Sending messages with attachments (SWA & MTOM)

Dear all,

I could not find any document from the wiki about sending messages
with attachments using SOAP with Attachments. Isn't this recommended
and CXF is not implementing it, or is it just located somewhere I
haven't look into? Because currently we are evaluating whether to use
MTOM or SWA with CXF.

Thank you in advance

--
Read my blog: http://joshuajava.wordpress.com/
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/jpartogi

Re: Sending messages with attachments (SWA & MTOM)

Posted by Mayank Mishra <ma...@pramati.com>.
Hi Joshua,

You can find a document written on using MTOM at wiki at [1].
If you are using JAX-WS API, you require to enable MTOM on SOAP Binding.
On client side, you can get SOAP Binding from BindingProvider. On the
server, you can get SOAP Binding from the Endpoint object.
Or else you can enable using configuration file also by passing
"mtom-enabled" property as "true" to jaxws:endpoint element.

AFAIK, for using SWA, you can define payloads inside mime:part in your
wsdl:input and wsdl:output elements.

With Regards,
Mayank

[1]. http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/mtom.html