Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ChristopherJ <ch...@webmail.co.za> on 2008/11/03 10:23:54 UTC

Refurbishment

Hi,

We are in need of an OFBiz developer that could assist us in creating a new
app within OFBiz for refurbishment of electrical motors and transformers.

Any volenteers ?

Thanks

Christopher

Re: Refurbishment

Posted by Wicus <wi...@webmail.co.za>.
The big problem is that our board wants it in specific format / structure.
Also please note that it is refurbishment of client electrical motors e.g

1KVA single phase etc – high voltage etc
3KVA three phase etc – high voltage etc
Traction motors   - as in for locomotives
Transformers = as in for municipalities

Their requirements is therefore quite specific on how they wish the jobs
“registered” and reporting thereof.

The Manufacturing application seemed, to me, the closest to what is
required. The problem here though, is that with every “Job Registration”, it
has to be “linked” to a client account.

Also, reporting on jobs registered, in progress, cancelled and completed is
of utmost importance. On a client basis and per “progress” basis.

And of course the implementation of South African V.A.T (Value added Tax)

In regard to VAT: VAT has 7 categories, nl:

1.) Output VAT
2.) Output VAT adjustments
3.) Input VAT
4.) Input VAT Capital
5.) Input VAT adjustments
6.) Zero Rate
7.) Excempt

Therefore, should you be VAT registered, SARS requires the monthly payment
of the positive difference when : OUTPUT VAT - INPUT VAT = a positive value.
A negative value will be a REFUND to you from SARS (This doesn't happen
often though ;(

The above is required by every VAT registered South African company - or any
accounting system being used in South Africa.

In addition to this basic (**must**) requirement for an accounting system,
we also require the VAT being display individually - per line and per
invoice total.

With a purchase invoice, for example, say tea & coffee for the office, VAT
per line is a requirement, ie:-

Line  Product     VAT Cat     Price       VAT   Total
1.    Coffee      3          R 1.00      R0.14 R1.14
2.    Milk        7           R 1.00      R 0.0 R1.00

Total VAT   R0.14
Total       R2.14

Should you ONLY work VAT per invoice total, you would've been paying MORE
VAT (R0.26) to SARS than required.

When doing a return, or credit note:-

Line  Product     VAT CAT     Price       VAT   Total
1.    Coffee      2           R 1.00      R0.14 R1.14
2.    Milk        7           R 1.00      R0.00 R1.00

Total VAT   R0.14
Total       R2.14

Claiming too much VAT here, will cause SARS to be very unhappy (Whereby they
usually give out fines, with interest etc - and we got to love them...? :)
You will notice later, that should SARS owe you though, they will take their
time in refunding you - with NO interest or anything else in your favour

The VAT Report, which the auditors wish to see, and which is used to
calculate your VAT payments, is the above 7 categories, with ALL
transactions pertaining to each category. (Your choice of course do you wish
to print the report in FULL or only the totals.

Preferably, nobody wish to overpay the government on what is due to them -
just being fair in all respects.

Therefore, having the option to change VAT categories per line, inclusive of
the VAT amount per line, is a total necessity in my humble opinion.

Could you give me an estimate on what you would charge for such an
implementation?

Thanks

Re: Refurbishment

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Have you looked at the Asset Maintenance component?

-Adrian