Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Zhigang Wang <wz...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/09 04:20:46 UTC

The project-datadump target

Hi, folks,
   I am new to torque. I tried to use project-datadump
target in the build.xml to dump schema of my database
into an XML file. But I could not.  for
  <target name="project-datadump"
depends="init-tasks">

    <echo
message="+-----------------------------------------------+"/>
    <echo message="|
            |"/>
    <echo message="| Dumping the data from database
into XML       |"/>
    <echo message="| Woo hoo!
            |"/>
    <echo message="|
            |"/>
    <echo
message="+-----------------------------------------------+"/>
    <echo message=" taking build.properties from:
${build.properties}"/>

    <torque-datadump
      contextProperties="${build.properties}"
      controlTemplate="${DataDumpControlTemplate}"

outputDirectory="${torque.home}/${outputDirectory}"
      templatePath="${templatePath}"

outputFile="report.${project}.datadump.generation"

xmlFile="${torque.home}/${schemaDirectory}/${project}-schema.xml"
      databaseName="${databaseName}"
      databaseUrl="${databaseUrl}"
      databaseDriver="${databaseDriver}"
      databaseUser="${databaseUser}"
      databasePassword="${databasePassword}"
    />

  </target>
What is the purpose of:

xmlFile="${torque.home}/${schemaDirectory}/${project}-schema.xml"

The sample project-schema.xml contains definition for
database schema. If I don't specify this file, I will
fail. If I provide this file, what infomation I should
put there? I don't think I should put database schema
information there. If I can put these information into
this XML, I have done what I want to do:)
   Any suggestion? I found Jason Kary has already
asked this questions days ago. But I can not find any
direct reply. Can somebody post a page of instructions
for how to do that?
   Thanks a lot,
zhigang,