Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Joe Consumer <fa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/18 19:40:33 UTC

Contributing to optional tasks?

Hi,

I have written a task for ant that lets users
send/receive files to/from a remote machine through
scp/ssh.  I want to contribute this task to Ant maybe
as one of the optional tasks.  How does somebody
contribute to these tasks?  Who would I need to send
my source and docs to?

thanks
charlie

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Re: Contributing to optional tasks?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> wrote:

> SSH is an interesting one, every agrees we need it, but we have
> historically been constrained by the GPL/LGPL nature of all working
> open source Java implementations which looked suitable.

Fortunately this is no longer true - jsch
<http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/> has changed to a BSD license last week.

Stefan

Re: Contributing to optional tasks?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
at the Ant Task Guidelines that are in your Ant's doc directory.

SSH is an interesting one, every agrees we need it, but we have historically
been constrained by the GPL/LGPL nature of all working open source Java
implementations which looked suitable. How have you implemented SSH?