Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Javier Alonso <ja...@attest.es> on 2002/02/08 13:10:45 UTC

Adding apps to Tomcat

Hello everyone.
Actually i have tomcat and Apache successfully installed and running (in a
w32 enviroment). I have one app serving servlets (call it, appA). I want to
create another app (under webapps also), call it appB. In the httpd.conf i
added something like this (another alias)

Alias /appB "C:/tomcat/webapps/appB"
<Directory "c:/tomcat/webapps/appB">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /eroski_manten/servlet /appB

In the web.xml inside appB i put something like this:

 <servlet>
                <servlet-name>AServlet</servlet-name>
                <description/>
                <servlet-class>com.cidat.appB</servlet-class>
                <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
        </servlet>

and

<servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>AServlet</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>/Aservlet</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

but when i browse to the servlet it doesnt found the file!!! Whats wrong in
all this thing? If i put the servlet in appA and map it in his web.xml it
works fine, it seems as if  Tomcat couldnt define the appB. I´m quite
desperate with it!!!!!!!!!! Any help will be welcomed. Thanks a lot

        Javi