Posted to dev@yunikorn.apache.org by TingYao <ti...@apache.org> on 2024/03/07 14:31:27 UTC

[VOTE]Release Apache YuniKorn 1.5.0 RC2

Hello everyone,

I would like to call a vote for releasing Apache YuniKorn 1.5.0 RC2.

The release artefacts have been uploaded here:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/yunikorn/1.5.0-RC2/

My public key is located in the KEYS file:
  https://downloads.apache.org//yunikorn/KEYS

JIRA issues that have been resolved in this release:
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12352958

This release artifact build with go 1.21.8 to fix some CVEs issue.
Compared to the RC1, the RC2 addresses several CVEs and memory leak issues.
Also remove reproducible build artifacts from draft release note. Please
read the draft release notes
attached to this vote for further details.
  https://github.com/apache/yunikorn-site/pull/405

Git tags for each component are as follows:
yunikorn-scheduler-interface: v1.5.0-1
yunikorn-core: v1.5.0-3
yunikorn-k8shim: v1.5.0-3
yunikorn-web: v1.5.0-1
yunikorn-release: v1.5.0-3

Once the release is voted on and approved, all repos will be tagged
1.5.0 for consistency.

Please review and vote. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours
and closes on Sunday 10 March 2024, 15:00:00 UTC

[ ] +1 Approve
[ ] +0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Disapprove (and the reason why)

Thank you,
Tingyao

Re: [VOTE]Release Apache YuniKorn 1.5.0 RC2

Posted by 陳昱霖 <kh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Verified signatures and checksums
- Built on Ubuntu 23.04(amd64) with go1.21.6 linux/amd64, deploy on Kind
1.29.1
- E2E tests passed.
- Check Web UI and the new node utilization chart
- Run SparkPi/SparkTC
- Run a simple preemption test
- Check Restful APIs

Yu-Lin Chen

Re: [VOTE]Release Apache YuniKorn 1.5.0 RC2

Posted by WenChih Lo <we...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

env: MacOs Sonoma (m1 pro chip)
- built images
- installed kind k8s v1.29.1 via `make start-cluster`
- executed unit tests and e2e test
- ran simple spark jobs
- tested some rest api endpoints
- verified licenses

Looks good, thanks!

Ryan (Wenchih)

Wilfred Spiegelenburg <wi...@apache.org> 於 2024年3月8日 週五 下午2:13寫道:

Posted by Wilfred Spiegelenburg <wi...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by TingYao <ti...@apache.org>.
Thank you all for the voting on the RC2 for 1.5.0 That concludes the voting,

Voting for the release has passed with:
4 binding +1
3 non binding +1

no 0 or -1 votes.

As the next step, I'll publish the release, images and update the website.
After that is done I will send an announcement email.

Thank you,
Tingyao

Craig Condit <cc...@apache.org> 於 2024年3月13日 週三 上午4:03寫道:

Posted by Craig Condit <cc...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding).

Posted by Manikandan R <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (Binding)

- Built images from source on Mac M1 MacOS Monterey (arm64) with go 1.21.8
- Verified the signatures
- Verified the licences and checksums
- Run the scheduler with a local kind cluster (version 1.28.0)
- Ran simple sleep jobs
- Verified REST APIs outputs, Web UI

Thanks,
Mani