Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Erik Husby <mh...@broad.mit.edu> on 2005/05/19 22:39:34 UTC

ListEdit forms with form level validation.

I have a multi-record form where I need to do validation between fields.

If I have a multi-record form where the validation is simple and can use
a number validator with let say, a minimum value, Tapestry will
correctly indicate the specific field in the specific record as being in
error.

How do I do that with my form level validation? If during my submit
listener, I scan the set of records and do the equivalent of
IValidationDelegate delegate...
for each record in the form
    if field A is in error then
       delegate.setFormComponent( getComponent("fieldA"));
       delegate.record(new ValidatorException("field A in error"))
    end if
end fo

When the page is rendered, the field error indicator is always on the
last record, not the record in error.

How do I tell the validation delegate which record is in error?

--
Erik Husby
Senior Software Engineer