Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Tony Burton <TB...@Sportingsolutions.com> on 2015/11/25 11:08:41 UTC

Just switched to yarn/Hadoop 2.6.0 - help with logs please!

Hi,

After a long time using Hadoop 1.x, I've recently switched to Hadoop 2.6.0. I've got a MapReduce program running, but I want to see the logs and debug info that I used to be able to view via the JobTracker at http://localhost:50030/jobtracker.jsp.

Googling around so far has suggested I enable aggregation, done that by adding yarn.log-aggregation-enable=true in my yarn-site.xml and restarting. I can now run 'yarn logs -applicationId <appId> successfully and see the log info on the console, but there's a load of extraneous info there on top what I really want, which is the stdout info I used to be able to get from the JobTracker. These logs hint at http://localhost:8032, but heading there gives me the message "It looks like you are making an http request to a Hadoop IPC port. This is not the correct port for the web interface on this daemon." Helpful. What is the correct port for the web interface on this daemon?

How do get to see my MapReduce job's stdout data via the web interface like I did with :50030/jobtracker.jsp in the old days.

Thanks!

Tony
This email and any attachments are confidential, protected by copyright and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, then the dissemination or copying of this email is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying by email and then delete the email completely from your system. Neither Sporting Index Group nor the sender accepts responsibility for any virus, or any other defect which might affect any computer or IT system into which the email is received and/or opened. It is the responsibility of the recipient to scan the email and no responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use of this email. Sporting Index Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 2636842, whose registered office is at Gateway House, Milverton Street, London, SE11 4AP. Sporting Index Ltd is authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (reg. no. 150404) and UK Gambling Commission (reg. no. 000-027343-R-308898-001). Any financial promotion contained herein has been issued and approved by Sporting Index Ltd. Sporting Solutions is the trading name of SPIN Services Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 06268648, whose registered office is at Gateway House, Milverton Street, London, SE11 4AP.

RE: Just switched to yarn/Hadoop 2.6.0 - help with logs please!

Posted by Tony Burton <TB...@Sportingsolutions.com>.
Hi,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but Hadoop 2.6.0 setup is still proving troublesome. (I've been diverted onto another project since my original email and now returning to the subject)

I've got Hadoop 2.6.0 set up in pseudo-distributed mode and can't see logs properly.

My Overview is working fine at localhost:50070. The equivalent of the Hadoop 1 JobTracker is proving elusive though. If I got to localhost:8088 I see my list of applications. One application is failing, so I click through to that app's page, and then when I click "logs" (bottom right) I see "Failed redirect for container_1456147585151_0004_01_000001. Failed while trying to construct the redirect url to the log server. Log Server url may not be configured. java.lang.Exception: Unknown container. Container either has not started or has already completed or doesn't belong to this node at all."

What have I missed? Can you provide a link to a foolproof Hadoop 2 setup guide?

Thanks,

Tony

Posted by Tony Burton <TB...@Sportingsolutions.com>.
Thanks for the quick reply - That worked great, thanks. I'm sure I looked there previously though, and couldn't see any logs. Strange. But fixed.

Tony

Posted by Tony Burton <TB...@Sportingsolutions.com>.

Posted by Tony Burton <TB...@Sportingsolutions.com>.

Posted by Tony Burton <TB...@Sportingsolutions.com>.