Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2009/11/05 20:50:46 UTC

[VOTE] Apache (parent POM) version 7

Hi,

I've included the source-release assembly configuration in the Apache
parent POM since it's working pretty well here in Maven. This will allow
other projects to take advantage of the descriptor automatically.

Additionally, I've setup the descriptorRef to be used in the
source-release assembly in the form of an expression
(${sourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor}). This should allow other projects
to substitute a custom source-release descriptor by adding their own
plugin-level dependency to the assembly plugin, then changing the value
of ${sourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor} (in the properties).

The POM is here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheapache-001/org/apache/apache/7/

Anyway, let's vote! 72h, +1/+0/-1.

Here's my +1.

Thanks,

-john

Re: [Result] [VOTE] Apache (parent POM) version 7

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
Yeah lets go for a release on this.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
John Casey wrote:

> I've withdrawn the tag for this vote.

Any objections to me
a) dropping the corresponding staging repo
(https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheapache-001/)
b) reverting the Apache POM's version in SVN to 7-SNAPSHOT
?

Benjamin

[Result] [VOTE] Apache (parent POM) version 7

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache (parent POM) version 7

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
+1

Arnaud Héritier
Software Factory Manager
eXo platform - http://www.exoplatform.com
---
http://www.aheritier.net

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
-1 lets get the new descriptor benjamin staged included

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
+1

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Olivier

2009/11/5 John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>:
> Hi,
>
> I've included the source-release assembly configuration in the Apache parent
> POM since it's working pretty well here in Maven. This will allow other
> projects to take advantage of the descriptor automatically.
>
> Additionally, I've setup the descriptorRef to be used in the source-release
> assembly in the form of an expression (${sourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor}).
> This should allow other projects to substitute a custom source-release
> descriptor by adding their own plugin-level dependency to the assembly
> plugin, then changing the value of ${sourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor} (in
> the properties).
>
> The POM is here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheapache-001/org/apache/apache/7/
>
> Anyway, let's vote! 72h, +1/+0/-1.
>
> Here's my +1.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -john

Olivier

Re: [VOTE] Apache (parent POM) version 7

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

-Stephen