Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2008/03/05 03:37:41 UTC

Documentation Request: XSLT Routing

I'm stretching my understanding here, but...

Can someone update the XPath/XSLT Routing page to also show a
deployment example based on a JBI service unit (xbean.xml) as opposed
to the servicemix.xml style?

Or if the XPath/XSLT routing is a lightweight component in disguise
(for which I gather there is no xbean.xml option?), could that be
mentioned and is there any equivalent JBI component?

http://servicemix.apache.org/xpath-router.html

Thanks,
       Aaron

Re: Documentation Request: XSLT Routing

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Aaron Mulder
<am...@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 3:35 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > The standard JBI component for XSLT is servicemix-saxon:
>  >    http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-saxon.html
>  >  But xslt routing has not been ported to this component, though
>  >  a patch has recently been submitted
>  >  (https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-1204).
>
>  OK -- though it looks like at the moment, that one performs strictly
>  transformations.  Whereas with the old XPath Router, you could combine
>  -- like transform the message once to send to endpoint A and
>  differently to send to endpoint B or whatever.  If you can't do it
>  here I guess you could use servicemix-eip to copy the message and then
>  use two different servicemix-saxon steps to transform the copies,
>  though.

Yeah, servicemix-saxon does not have the power the lightweight component
had wrt to routing.  It would require additional plumbing to do the same thing,
so backporting this feature is a good idea imho.

>  >  For XPath routing, you can use the servicemix-eip content based router:
>  >   http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-eip.html#servicemix-eip-ContentBasedrouter
>
>  OK.  Is there generally some recommendation for when to use
>  servicemix-eip vs. servicemix-camel?

servicemix-eip is more mature, but servicemix-camel is much more flexible ...
I would give it a try though, as servicemix-eip can become a bit
verbose sometimes.

>  >  Also, you can deploy all the lightweight components inside a JBI
>  >  service unit by using
>  >  the lightweight container:
>  >    http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-lwcontainer.html
>
>  True, but my understanding is that all the lightweight components are
>  deprecated, so it would be better to point to the above where
>  possible.

Correct

--
Cheers,