Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Davide Frigerio <da...@wise-lab.it> on 2004/09/24 14:55:44 UTC

inbox message order

What about James inbox message order?
I noticed this problem in my James installation. I'm seeing message with
RETR 2 POP3 command, after new messages have been recieved the RETR 2
command returns a different messege , is this correct?

Thanks,
Davide Frigerio.

Re: inbox message order

Posted by Davide Frigerio <da...@wise-lab.it>.
Thanks, this is a problem if you are working in a webmail. Tipically
webmail doesn't maintain POP3 session so it's dangerous to call delete
of message that can change is id. There's no way to configure James to
mantain message id across session, I think that the best way is to set
id as message ordering arriaval.

Thanks
Davide Frigerio.

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>I'm seeing message with RETR 2 POP3 command, after new
>>messages have been recieved the RETR 2 command returns
>>a different messege , is this correct?
>>

>POP3 only guarantees that the number will be constant for the duration of a
>single POP3 session.
>
>	---- Noel

    Davide Frigerio
    Wise-Lab S.r.l.