Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2013/06/07 00:37:26 UTC

VOTE: hbase-0.95.1 release candidate 1 is available for download

Here is our second 0.95.1 release candidate.  Should we put this out as
0.95.1?

Since 0.95.1 is "just" a "Development" Series release [1], lets keep the
vote period short.  Please vote by this Tuesday, June 11th.

The release artifacts may be downloaded from:

  http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.95.1RC1/<http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.95.1RC0/>

Almost 200 issues have been closed since we put out 0.95.0 [2].

All feedback is welcome.  We'd be interested in getting comments on
everything from the packaging, layout, through documentation, UI, and of
course,
any bugs found.  I deployed SNAPSHOTs to maven and would particularly like
to hear from downstream projects on whether our maven packaging is
palatable.

Thanks,
St.Ack

1. http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.versioning
2.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20HBASE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%220.95.1%22%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Resolved%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

Re: VOTE: hbase-0.95.1 release candidate 1 is available for download

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.
A configuration issue.  Authorization has to be enabled.  RPC does
authorization checking no matter it is enabled or not.  This is a minor nit
we can fix later.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1
> * the sigs match.
> * The change log is good.
> * hbase starts up
> * it tests can pass with some retries

Thanks E.

Let me roll out the release not it has 3 binding +1s.

Thanks all,
St.Ack

Re: VOTE: hbase-0.95.1 release candidate 1 is available for download

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Nicolas Liochon <nk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Nicolas Liochon <nk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Elliott,

I was trying something similar that worked in the past, but couldn't make
it work on this last release. I will retry with yours later (my machine is
running a test right now), except if it already worked for you on this
0.95.1 release?

As well, it's good enough for an alpha release, but do know what we will do
for the official one?
IIRC, duplicating the pom.xml was considered as a possible solution?

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org> wrote:

> So the maven pom's still point to 1.0 as default no matter what version of
> the client you point at.

Where is this pointing?

I just uploaded new deploy.   Here is client pom:

https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repo_groups/snapshots-group/content/org/apache/hbase/hbase-client/0.95.1-hadoop2-SNAPSHOT/hbase-client-0.95.1-hadoop2-20130612.070302-1.pom

Where is it pointing to hadoop1?  I see mention of each of the profiles but
no explicit hadoop verison.

Is it because we default hadoop1 profile?

I just tried to publish 0.95.1-hadoop2 and it looks like the maven release
plugin ignores my passing of profile (fun, fun, fun).

Thanks E,
St.Ack

Re: VOTE: hbase-0.95.1 release candidate 1 is available for download

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nicolas Liochon <nk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.