Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org> on 2017/06/22 13:43:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Juneau 6.3.0-incubating-RC1

The Apache Juneau Incubator PPMC has voted +3 to release Apache Juneau
6.3.0-incubating RC1. This vote carries over +1 binding vote from IPMC
members.

John D. Ament

Incubator PMC members please review and vote on this incubator release.
Apache Juneau is...

   - A toolkit for marshalling POJOs to a wide variety of content types
   using a common framework.
   - A REST server API for creating self-documenting REST interfaces using
   POJOs.
   - A REST client API for interacting with REST interfaces using POJOs.
   - A REST microservice API that combines all the features above for
   creating lightweight standalone REST interfaces that start up in
   milliseconds.

Please see original [VOTE] thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/21d28dd4d82279df6cc53e64561276a4f076783a0199b82ba99e4ecb@%3Cdev.juneau.apache.org%3E

We've introduced some significant new enhancements to support new use cases
in Apache Streams. The full list of changes can be viewed here:
http://juneau.incubator.apache.org/site/apidocs/overview-summary.html#6.3.0

The binaries are available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/juneau/binaries/juneau-6.3.0-incubating-RC1/

The release candidate to be voted over is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/juneau/source/juneau-6.3.0-incubating-RC1/

Build the release candidate using:
mvn clean install

Note:  You may get a Rat failure on a generated DEPENDENCIES file.  This
can be ignored and will be fixed in 6.3.1.

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/juneau/KEYS

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejuneau-1012/

Please vote on releasing these packages as:
Apache Juneau 6.3.0-incubating

This vote will be open until 27-June-2017 1:00pm GMT.
[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Juneau 6.3.0-incubating-RC1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 binding

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures good
- disclaimer exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- No unexpected binary files
- All source files have headers
- Can compile from source

A couple of very minor issues:
- Please consider signing the artefacts with an Apache email address rather than a Sales Force one.
- There's a number of "Copyright (c) 2016, Apache Foundation” in the documentation you may want to update the year.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Juneau 6.3.0-incubating-RC1

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
What about your other two mentors?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 28 June 2017 at 00:52, James Bognar <ja...@salesforce.com> wrote:
> Quick reminder that we are passed the deadline and only have +2 binding
> votes.

By the way, 72 hours is *not* a deadline; it is a *minimum* period to
allow time for voting.

Posted by James Bognar <ja...@salesforce.com>.

Posted by sblackmon <sb...@apache.org>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.