Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Faraz Kohari <fk...@wxs.nl> on 2000/07/06 00:48:44 UTC

Extension Element Error

Hi,

Once again I find myself in trouble and turn to the group for help. This
time I am implementing Extension Elements.

My implementation works perfectly when I run it as an application, however,
when I translate the xml within a servlet (I am using the latest releases of
Tomcat & Apache) I get the following error:

I have tried to check everything, including the availability of the proper
jar files within the Tomcat paths (bsf.jar, bsfengines.jar, servlet.jar,
xalan.jar, xerces.jar etc.).

Any possible suggestions for me to investigate would be of help since I have
no idea at this point, of how I should proceed.

Thanks.
=====
Error: 500
Location: /servlet/TesterPR
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access field
org/apache/xalan/xpath/ExtensionFunctionHandler.class$com$ibm$bsf$BSFManager
from class org/apache/xalan/xslt/ExtensionNSHandler
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ExtensionNSHandler.processElement(ExtensionNSHandler.j
ava:244)
	at org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemExtensionCall.execute(ElemExtensionCall.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.executeChildren(ElemTemplateElemen
t.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.executeChildren(ElemTemplateElemen
t.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.executeChildren(ElemTemplateElemen
t.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplate.execute(ElemTemplate.java:145)
	at org.apache.xalan.xslt.StylesheetRoot.process(StylesheetRoot.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(XSLTEngineImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
	at TesterPR.doGet(TesterPR.java:35)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:597)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:257)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
	at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
	at
)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)