Posted to user@storm.apache.org by 6harat <bh...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/25 11:38:57 UTC

Onboarding new Database Connectors to storm-external

Hey,

I have been accumulating a list of popular/trending db for which storm
connectors are still missing and preparing a case for getting them
prioritized and added to the repo based on user interest.

For now, we have the below list of potential candidates (based solely on my
own experience in the industry)

A. Listed in Top 100 at https://db-engines.com/en/ranking

   1. ScyllaDB
   2. Aeropsike
   3. CockroachDB
   4. Ignite
   5. Hazelcast

B. Popular Graph DBs:

   1. Neo4j
   2. ArangoDB
   3. OrientDB

C. Trending Vector DBs:

   1. Milvus
   2. Weaviate

D. Already present Improvement JIRAs pertaining to existing connectors:

   1. Mongo Spout: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3336
   2. Redis Sentinel: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3410
   3. Cassandra Spout: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3298

Would love to hear thoughts from the community on the same. Feel free to
add other missing databases to the above list which you feel are also worth
considering and/or volunteer to contribute to any of the aforementioned
connectors.

--
Regards
6harat

Re: Onboarding new Database Connectors to storm-external

Posted by Bipin Prasad <bi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Stephen,    That will be great. Hope you get this message since the return email has INVALID at the end.
Thanks—Bipin

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, June 27, 2023, 8:21 AM, Stephen Powis <sp...@salesforce.com.INVALID> wrote:

I'm happy to take up the redis spout.  I think I have an outstanding PR
(might be 3 or 4 years old at this point tho...) to improve the existing
one, and also have this implementation I'd be willing to give to the
project after bringing it up to date:
https://github.com/SourceLabOrg/RedisStreams-StormSpout

Let me know what you think,
Stephen