Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Bryan Holladay <ho...@longsight.com> on 2015/02/20 17:47:29 UTC

ServletWebRequest Parameters Missing after upgrade from 6.16.0 to 6.19.0

I'm trying to upgrade to 6.19.0 from 6.16.0 and one of my rest endpoints
doesn't have access to the post parameters anymore.

I mount a specific endpoint to a page:

Application.java

mountPage("/fileUpload", FileUploadRest.class);

and then look for the parameters in the page

FileUploadRest extends WebPage{

public FileUploadRest(){
  final ServletWebRequest webRequest = (ServletWebRequest) getRequest();
  MultipartServletWebRequest multiPartRequest =
webRequest.newMultipartWebRequest(Bytes.megabytes(100), "ignored");
String uuid =
multiPartRequest.getRequestParameters().getParameterValue("uuid").toString();
}

This UUID parameter works fine in 6.16.0 but is always null in 6.19.0. This
is true for all parameters and the file passed in. I verified that the post
is sending the data (by looking at the developer Network tab in chrome).

Request Payload:

------WebKitFormBoundaryttKBVItmK4S1fZNP

------WebKitFormBoundaryttKBVItmK4S1fZNP Content-Disposition: form-data;
name="uuid" 4e238b39-478d-4938-8bc2-0416508b04c6
------WebKitFormBoundaryttKBVItmK4S1fZNP Content-Disposition: form-data;
name="file"; filename="test4.pdf" Content-Type: application/pdf

I've also tried using a Resource and mounting that instead of a WebPage by
following the stackoverflow suggestion [1], but got the same results where
no parameters were being passed through.

What has changed since 6.16.0 that would cause this? Is there a better way
(example?) or a fix for this?

Thanks,

Bryan

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17874695/wicket-http-post-get-raw-data-from-servletrequest

Re: ServletWebRequest Parameters Missing after upgrade from 6.16.0 to 6.19.0

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
At the moment I don't really know a work around - maybe someone else?

kind regards

Tobias

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
The change is in 6.18.0.
Putting it in the migration for Wicket 7.x may help only if the developer
jumps from 6.17.0- to 7.x.
This may happen but usually it is recommended to upgrade to the latest 6.x
version before going to 7.x.
I don't mind to add it in the "Behavior changes" section. Do you have an
account for the Wiki ? If NOT, then please give me your CWIKI userid.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 9:12 AM, Tobias Soloschenko <

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Bryan Holladay <ho...@longsight.com>.
Tobias,

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
Ok, I found out. call this:

Posted by Bryan Holladay <ho...@longsight.com>.

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
What I found out so far is that the method generatePostParameters is not
called anymore in MultipartServletWebRequestImpl, but I have to
investigate it more.

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
"What I found out so far is that the method generatePostParameters is
not called anymore in MultipartServletWebRequestImpl, but I have to
investigate it more."

That was wrong it is called but the "parameters" field in the
"MultipartServletWebRequestImpl" is not filled with the actual parameters.

Posted by Bryan Holladay <ho...@longsight.com>.

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,