Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/01 10:41:06 UTC

Re: 3rd party libs in build

Hi,

Matthieu Riou wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Dan Kearns <da...@thekearns.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The axis2-war target produces a war with some redundant libs in it. Is it
>> safe to assume Ode is not sensitive to the version differences in these?
>>

> Correct Maybe a result of our recent upgrade to Axis2 1.4.1?

This was actually the reason why I refactored the dependencies list, and
while I was at it I upgraded to 1.4.1, so the problem
has been there before and should actually be solved now by having
Axis2's dependencies explicitly listed in the Rakefile.

Currently there is still a dependency with jibx impls as they are only
available in a maven 1 repo. We could either ignore the dependency in
the rakefile (as its also shipped with axis2-webapp and is therefore
included in ours) or upload it to pxe.intalio - now clue whats better.
The first breaks the concept of explicitly declared axis2 dependencies.

Cheers,
  Tammo