Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ralf Guenthner <gu...@alphatel.de> on 2004/02/03 09:48:23 UTC

How to catch critters like this one??

Hi list

I thought in the meantime I'd seen all variations of spelling this
infamous aphrodisiac beginning with V...but I was stunned by this ugly
spam that made it through my SA 2.60 with Bigevil, all the Backhairs and
trained Bayes and it only got a score of 0.1 (for being pure HTML)

Does anyone have a suggestion how to raise scores on messages like this
the next time? I trained Bayes with it, of course and integrated the
alternate spelling in my V... rule, but besides that I'm at a loss right
now.

Thanks
Ralf G.

From: "Felix Murray" <jy...@msn.com>
To: gue@alphatel.de
Subject: louver jazz offspring
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 07:16:33 -0600
     version=2.60

--76632517639139483976

offspring pollux hafnium impromptu checksumming harmonic expedient
dribble denver
absentee exonerate chaise sagging barrage
indefinite episcopate hereabout enhance rutile dry entire astound

--76632517639139483976

<HTML><HEAD>

<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><!-- Converted from text/plain format --><FONT face=Arial size=2>
Sucper charrge your logve livfe!<br>
Orgder your Vziagkra and Sjupyer Vicagtra sanfely and securlely onliane.<br>
Cidalsis (Susper Vieaagra) takes affhect riglht away and lafsts for
datys!<br>
<A
HREF="http://www.fnlgfhnq.fjnwnctihj.com=www.hrquwlernt.solzskvha.markityourself.com/c/?AFF_ID=c1224&irzu=hjyr">Efntaer
Heure</a><br>
Gecnekric Vifaglra coqsts 60% lesbs, salve lots of caosh!<br>
<A
HREF="http://www.chcb.cecltvlqud.com=www.efxgxozbcc.wijdvszakp.markityourself.com/v/?AFF_ID=v1224&ypgerassw=eigeegwe">Ezntver
Heqre</a><br>
Both prodfucts shiepped discrsetely to your dobor<br>
<A
HREF="http://www.qohbhbkjdo.wyqlwusu.com=www.wuozs.ttxgg.markityourself.com/?llmdp=uiuc">Not
itnreseted</a><br></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
gustave renaissance beer cartel conscription combination committeemen
debugged aboveboard hollyhock boyd frenchmen fragmentation orwell
bayonne krishna astride boustrophedon bordello chisholm cytochemistry
degeneracy banquet cheekbone palatine anchor like abeyance equine
carrara derelict feeney colonial abbott gerundial embark lahore
nostalgic aldermen <br>
fum passaic remunerate alluvial nullstellensatz argentina gluey brig
gigavolt governess flycatcher pavanne geriatric betrayer bashaw permute
cognac antisemite banister bawdy dadaism aircraft aristocratic i'll
hempstead big headphone hellgrammite portfolio sidesaddle cumin <br>
ramp cement adequate bulblet augustine reveal diagnosis bully frantic
harrington mater descent barbarism embalm falstaff binghamton bowmen
californium censorial abyssinia boathouse incursion diversify frown
leukemia checksumming connotation crane draw constructible cretaceous
airman clive chiang goniometer idiot rhapsody <br>
morn bedford begrudge assiduity bumble axis frostbitten ia cutler
deuterium couturier alpine ado dale ashtray revision boeotia <br>
hardworking bruit anchoritism lynn bryce flew diocesan miscible
abstinent prism harvest morsel jocose nonogenarian dreamt duck
internecine defraud practice authoritarian homework bronchiole
hopkinsian alias demagnify osteoporosis bombproof patroness fairchild
bremen hipster <br>
cedric countersink finley enthalpy bane barbour brushy rightward
ineradicable cramp olga cannon kitten faint fix depositary healthful
appendage frye chandler andrews depressant algal riemannian amygdaloid
doormen colombia jukes guild catv bellingham drawn anhydrous horowitz <br>
joliet okinawa postpone registration browbeaten archer destine bender
downturn knives mackinaw producible savvy bator recruit deltoid fanciful
proud chin apparent aiken humphrey bassinet icosahedra elk heaven i'm
ineradicable extricate angstrom alkane argus angle bater capacitance
kilohm portulaca <br>
buttermilk cowpea kidnapping puffed module malaise mercedes cue eloise
disperse hysteria aerial fayetteville fidelity muong pedantry personify
caste extra kapok blackjack identity award parsimonious harbinger <br>
deadwood scopic psychiatric inhibitor prague backhand dilapidate cassius
ii accustom depression guesswork sinai castor mater hampshire secret
cryptanalyst aminobenzoic cytosine ervin cranky inflationary column
chiropractor killjoy nutrient audacious agree experimentation inculpable
catechism recipe <br>
considerate lose dustbin inexplicable acolyte curdle infamy retrieve
cyanate detractor incredulity redpoll avuncular civet appliance
chrysolite scarlet photography sanskrit crate chauffeur ambuscade
samarium heal haugen shod brownian catalogue quasicontinuous deane
crowberry ligament <br>

--76632517639139483976--

--
Ralf Guenthner
IT-Sicherheitsbeauftragter

Wilhelm-Röntgen-Str. 1-5
63477 Maintal

Tel.: 06181-412246

E-Mail: r.guenthner@alphatel.de

Re: How to catch critters like this one??

Posted by Jon <jo...@tgpsolutions.com>.
On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 00:48, Ralf Guenthner wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I thought in the meantime I'd seen all variations of spelling this
> infamous aphrodisiac beginning with V...but I was stunned by this ugly
> spam that made it through my SA 2.60 with Bigevil, all the Backhairs and
> trained Bayes and it only got a score of 0.1 (for being pure HTML)

Go get antidrug.cf - it's a very well thought out ruleset and stops a
lot of drug-related spam.

- Jon

--
jon@tgpsolutions.com

Administrator, tgpsolutions
http://www.tgpsolutions.com

Re: How to catch critters like this one??

Posted by Alan Baxter <at...@baxtersys.com>.
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:48:23 +0100, Ralf Guenthner <gu...@alphatel.de>
wrote:
>Does anyone have a suggestion how to raise scores on messages like this
>the next time?

I've just been learning messages like this as spam and it scored
BAYES_99 for me.

Alan