Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1996/02/12 13:37:52 UTC

CVS problem? Or out-of-date patch?

This just happened:

155$ cvs update -r apache_1_0_1
cvs server: Updating .
P README
patch: unrecognized option `-f'
Usage: patch [-blNR] [-c|-e|-n] [-d dir] [-D define] [-i patchfile]
       [-o outfile] [-p num] [-r rejectfile] [file]
cvs update: could not patch README; will refetch
cvs server: Updating cgi-bin
cvs server: Updating cgi-src
cvs server: Updating conf
cvs server: Updating icons
cvs server: Updating logs
cvs server: Updating src
cvs server: Updating support
cvs client: refetching unpatchable files
U README

Anyone know if I just need to update patch, or is this a more serious problem?
Note the cool way that CVS worked around the problem...

The uncool thing is that I ended up with Apache 1.0.0 anyway... what gives?

Cheers,

Ben.

London, England.

Re: CVS problem? Or out-of-date patch?

Posted by Mark J Cox <ma...@ukweb.com>.
> 155$ cvs update -r apache_1_0_1

Who is using CVS at the moment?  I think there is only me, Paul and Ben.
I don't think it was decided exactly who or when or how the CVS tree will
get updated.

I was certainly hoping that CVS would end the patch-nightmare that we
currently have and allow side-projects (such as //telescope.org/graph/) to
be developed alongside the main Apache releases and simply brought up to
date with "update" until ready for release.

Just keeping the CVS tree up-to-date with the various Apache versions
would suffice; although it would make things a lot nicer if all the people
who usually submit patches and stuff used CVS.  Do many Apache developers
live behind firewalls that would make using CVS/remote CVS difficult?

Mark
Mark Cox, Technical Director, UK Web ------------ http://www.ukweb.com/~mark