Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by mw...@kcp.com on 2011/03/09 19:24:52 UTC

By-passing validation

I have a page that has both a client side required validation and server
side validation.

I also need a Cancel button to return to different page.

I have two problems with this page.

The first problem is when I  try to use the submitMode parameter to turn
off client side validation.

<t:submit t:id="cancel" value="Cancel" SubmitMode="CANCEL" />

This doesn't work.  The client side required validation message still comes
up.

The second problem is when I supply a value and click the cancel button.

According to the submit documentation the Selected event should trigger
before the Validate event.  But in my case the Validate event happens first
and re-displays the page with the validate errors.  I need the Selected
event to happen first so I can bypass the server side validation and switch
to another page.

Michael Williamson
Analyst Sr Applications Developer
Phone: 816/997-5994

Re: By-passing validation

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
I don't see why that would make a difference. Use an actionlink and
return the page you want.

Kalle

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM,  <mw...@kcp.com> wrote:
> My return page is not static.  I need session variables to determine what
> page to return to.
>
> Michael Williamson
> Analyst Sr Applications Developer
> Phone: 816/997-5994
>

>  From:       Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>
>
>  To:         Tapestry users <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
>
>  Date:       03/09/2011 01:53 PM
>
>  Subject:    Re: By-passing validation
>

> That's a submit. Why don't you just use a button and a link instead if
> you don't want to submit the form?
>
> Kalle
>

> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 10:24 AM,  <mw...@kcp.com> wrote:
>>

>> I have a page that has both a client side required validation and server
>> side validation.
>>
>> I also need a Cancel button to return to different page.
>>
>> I have two problems with this page.
>>
>> The first problem is when I  try to use the submitMode parameter to turn
>> off client side validation.
>>
>> <t:submit t:id="cancel" value="Cancel" SubmitMode="CANCEL" />
>>
>> This doesn't work.  The client side required validation message still
> comes
>> up.
>>
>> The second problem is when I supply a value and click the cancel button.
>>
>> According to the submit documentation the Selected event should trigger
>> before the Validate event.  But in my case the Validate event happens
> first
>> and re-displays the page with the validate errors.  I need the Selected
>> event to happen first so I can bypass the server side validation and
> switch
>> to another page.
>>

>> Michael Williamson
>> Analyst Sr Applications Developer