Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Boris Lublinsky <bo...@lightbend.com> on 2018/10/31 15:32:41 UTC

Flip23

For those who want to see an actual code, it is here:
https://github.com/FlinkML/flink-modelServer <https://github.com/FlinkML/flink-modelServer> for simple model serving
And https://github.com/FlinkML/flink-modelServer <https://github.com/FlinkML/flink-modelServer> for speculative one

Boris Lublinsky
FDP Architect
boris.lublinsky@lightbend.com
https://www.lightbend.com/

Re: Flip23

Posted by Dominik Wosiński <wo...@gmail.com>.
Hey Boris,

We have developed something very similar for our needs, but we faced some
issues when running it in HA mode, it was mainly because of the fact that
Tensorflow uses native functions and this caused some issues when connected
with automatic job restarts.

As far as I remember, the issue was that when the job was restarted after
the failure, when it was trying to reload the model it was failing with:

Cannot register 2 metrics with the same name:
/tensorflow/cc/saved_model/load_attempt_count

Not sure if the issue exists in the newest Tensorflow as we have switched
to the different mechanism.

It is probably worth to verify if this error is still present.

Best Regards,
Dom.

Re: Flip23

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.