Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Michael Chandler <Mi...@onassignment.com> on 2013/06/11 19:18:07 UTC

Wicket Security examples

Good morning,

I'm having a hard time finding some solid example implementations of Wicket Auth/Roles, specifically regarding authentication.  I think the documentation on the link below is well spelled out, but it would be nice to see an example of Authentication.

http://wicket.apache.org/learn/projects/authroles.html

The current authentication example that is linked on that page returns a 404.

Also, I'm interested in hearing anyone's insight into using Apache Shiro with Wicket.  Our senior management is pretty keen on seeing us implement a security framework that has a more powerful set of features.  I've found Shiro to be "mostly" easy to implement, with the exception of managing multiple authentication realms.  I was also curious to know, considering the age of Wicket Shiro, whether or not that plug-in will work with Wicket 6.8 or if it's restricted to 1.5 or earlier.  Are there any problems with Wicket Auth/Roles that might be better handled with a security framework like Apache Shiro?

https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/tree/core-1.5.x/jdk-1.5-parent/shiro-security

Thanks so much for any input you can offer.

Regards,

Mike

RE: Wicket Security examples

Posted by Michael Chandler <Mi...@onassignment.com>.
Not sure how I missed that, thanks Martijn.

See the authentication-1 through authentication-3 examples.

Martijn

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "N. Metzger" <nm...@odu.edu>.
We have Wicket running with Shiro since version 1.4, and it's still doing
fine under 6.7. Due to time restrictions I haven't looked into wicket-shiro
for a long time, but no problems have surfaced.

Natalie

Re: Wicket Security examples

Posted by "tom.hombergs" <to...@gmail.com>.
> Also, I'm interested in hearing anyone's insight into using Apache Shiro
with Wicket.  Our senior management is pretty keen on seeing us implement a
security framework that has a more powerful set of features.  I've found
Shiro to be "mostly" easy to implement, with the exception of managing
multiple authentication realms.  I was also curious to know, considering the
age of Wicket Shiro, whether or not that plug-in will work with Wicket 6.8
or if it's restricted to 1.5 or earlier.  Are there any problems with Wicket
Auth/Roles that might be better handled with a security framework like
Apache Shiro?

You might want to have a look at Spring Security, when you are comparing
different Security Frameworks. For most use cases, Wicket Auth/Roles will
probably suffice, though. If you want to have look, I made a little example
project integrating Spring Security and Wicket at
https://github.com/thombergs/wicket-spring-security-example.

Regards,
Tom