Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Erickson <de...@cmcflex.com> on 2004/03/09 23:40:39 UTC

Tomcat and matching actions

Hey all.. I have experienced some really stupid behavior of tomcat/struts
when combined.. let me explain.
In web.xml if you map *.do to the struts action servlet you are able to
match actions with paths, ie /blah/something.do correctly gets matched to
/blah/something (the .do gets stripped.. still don't understand why)

But what really irks me is I need to do some directory matching, ie in
web.xml i have /getDocument/* mapped to the struts servlet.  But in my
struts config I cannot match /getDocument/**, the only way I can match is
based on file extensions because the /getDocument/ gets stripped, so im
forced to matching *.pdf, *.zip.. etc!  Is there some way to fix this?? Or a
suitable good alternative?

Thanks,
David